Sabado, Nobyembre 19, 2011

SAD LOVE STORY

Have you ever been In-Love ?

I am searching for love right now. I believe in true love still. I know some people don’t. Some people settle for second best. Not me. I am not going to settle and you shouldn’t either. In order to find my true love, I have to endure the stormy dating waters. I have had my share of bad dates and sad love stories, believe me. And I know we all have experienced some crazy ones. We have to keep fighting though. Fighting through all the bad to find the good. I know “the one” is out there somewhere and I will not rest until I find him.
Do you want to hear my sad love story that is going on right now in my love life? Well, it is really several stories all combined into one.
Let’s see where should I start? Should I start with my very first boyfriend that I had in first grade? (I went up to him) See I have been boy crazy for a long time. No, that is going too far back. I am not really that boy crazy though, I don’t have to have a boyfriend. I have gone around 2 years without even dating at all, I just focused on myself, my work, and family. However, I do want a boyfriend. With my work, I am never around anyone of the opposite sex, so there goes that avenue. I always try to keep my eyes open when I go out shopping. I find that I am usually the one that has to initiate the contact though, I don’t know why. I think some guys are a lot more shy nowadays, than in the past. Perhaps, it is all of that sexual harassment issues still haunting them, even when they are not at work. Or even all the feminism that is going around, where men hardly go up to women anymore. I don’t know, perhaps it is just me, I have been told I am very attractive though. What do you think? Do men just go up to women and try to sweep them off their feet like they did in the old days?
Anyway, back to the present. Back to my heartrending love story. So in order to find true love, I thought I would try an adventure with the online dating sites. I am on practically every dating site right now. I have tried the free ones, and the ones you pay for. Now, I have tried online dating in the past. I was definitely one of the first to try it out of my friends. Over the years that my profile has existed on dating sites, I have had some good dates, but most of them didn’t last past the first couple dates. But when I was in college, I ended up meeting men though friends of friends anyway, at one of their parties. Now that I am out of college I am finding it harder to meet guys. So I have recently been going on a ton of dates, from dating sites. It is a numbers game after all, just like anything else, isn’t it? I figure if I can go on X many dates, then I am bound to find true love. Well, I am not filling that X with a number. I must admit, that I thought I would have found him after this many dates by now, but I haven’t, so I am not putting a number on it. It takes how many dates to find true love? It doesn’t matter, as long as I keep trying, don’t settle, and find him one day!
Now, I am sure some of you may think that I am too picky and that is why I haven’t found a boyfriend yet. Well, I do admit I have my standards and so should you. It goes along with not settling. However, I have also just had some really bad luck, but I will not give up. All it takes is some determination and a little luck, again as with anything else. Well, this post is getting longer than I thought. Now, it is time for the juicy stuff too. This sad romantic story is finally going to get good. Except now, I am having second thoughts about how far I should go into the story. How many details do you want? Well, I will give you a few. Let’s just say that I have had men steal my cash and credit card right out of my wallet! Plus, I had one guy steal my camera, but he wasn’t from internet dating, he was from speed dating! Yes, I did speed dating, and it was really fun, it is not the company’s fault that I met a bad apple and it is not my fault either. I would totally go speed dating again and you should try it too. There are just a lot of bad guys out there. I know the economy is going through bad times, right now, but come on, stealing from your date? They didn’t steal very much from me, it is just the fact that they are thieves!
Of course, I have had the regular bad dating stories as well. Where, the guy says he will call and then never calls. It’s weird isn’t it? You can have the best date ever with a guy. You like everything about him and he seems to like you. He gives you lots of compliments and he talks about other things he wants to do with you in the future. He tells you, that he will call, but then never does! What the hell is that? Why say you are going to call and then never call?
Then of course there is the one night stand man. What is with some guys? A lot of them don’t even want to buy you a cup of coffee anymore. They just want you to come straight to their house to watch a movie! Yeah right! The first rule of internet dating is: always meet at a public place! The other night, the guy was offended that I didn’t want to just drive straight over to his place. His place too, not even my place, he didn’t even want to drive? Can we say lazy! He was like, “What you don’t want to come over, but I just cleaned up my place, I can’t believe you are serious.” Yeah, I am serious. Do not meet someone for the first time at their house. You never know if a guy will rape and kill you. Yes, they may sound like a great guy on the phone, but you never know! And please guys, get off your butts and meet the lady for some coffee or a drink. How hard is that? Yeah, I know you just want to cuddle of have sex on the first date, but at least buy her some coffee first! You may be able to tell, but I didn’t meet the guy the other night. I told him no, only public places. He said he understood, but then he never suggested a place. Oh well, his lost. And the weird thing is, he marked that he was looking for a long-term relationship. He even asked me on the phone if I was looking for the same thing as well, and I said yeah, and he said good. So I don’t know, but I think having sex on the first date, especially before even coffee, is a bit too fast. I like to go a little slower in my relationships. I have had several men ask me to just come over to their house or if they could just come over to my place as well. He is not the only one, it seems to be a trend. I think these ones may have been lying about the long-term thing and they just want to get laid. Weird that they don’t want to get laid for the long-term….hehe, but whatever…
Anyway, this post is now really a rant, not a sad romantic story. Sorry about that. I would love to hear your comments and rants as well. I will post a real heartbreaking love story in the future. I just have to find a man first. I need to find a boyfriend first, I need to be in a serious long-term relationship first right. That way I can give you a truly sad story. Wait, scratch that. Once I find my man, I will not have anymore heartbreaking love stories, because I will truly be in love. I will not give up the internet dating either. I hope all of you know this really was NOT a post to bash internet dating. I love internet dating! I believe there are jerks and fantastic guys everywhere you go. I will not give up and I will find “the one” for me. One day I will find the one who will be waiting for me at the end of the aisle. I will be enjoying a new journey full of love one day with my special someone, and then I will just enjoy reading other people’s stories and watching the sad love movies on the big screen. Good luck to you all in your search for love!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento